Solar panels collect energy from the sun’s rays as they hit them through their PV cells. In reaction to an internal electric field within the cell, this energy generates electrical charges that move, which results in the flow of electricity. By 2023, according to industry experts, there will be four million more solar systems in […]
Being the third largest consumer of electricity, it is only obvious that business owners in India spend a huge amount of money annually for their energy consumption needs. But what is indeed shocking is that India’s share of renewable energy consumption is a mere 18 percent, which not only increases the carbon footprint we leave on the world, but also increases our energy costs trifold.
To reduce monthly operating costs is not an easy feat, especially for big firms and energy consumers. If you are one of the individuals who do not know extensively about energy efficiency, it is no worry. You should rely on a good energy consultant to help you figure your energy needs, and realign them with the best deductions in cost. Here are the best tips, for starters, that you can utilize to cut down energy costs:
- Ensure you’re getting the best energy rate: When you enter into the market as a newcomer and choose the first energy provider, you might be making a big mistake. Hence, it is always advised to research energy deals in your area, go through a number of providers and then, make your choice. An energy price comparison process is always beneficial.
- Go Solar: One of the biggest misconceptions that exist in the energy sector is about how costly solar power is. While solar power investment can be a bit much, your costs are doubly reduced in the long term, allowing you to make profits on the bits you save. The right supplier can provide you prime solar equipment, at affordable rates, and it is a shift you must do, considering the climate crisis we are in. The costs of establishing solar power plants have dropped the most in India, in the last ten years. There has been a significant decline of 80 percent, if IRENA reports are to be considered.
- Take help from programmable thermostats: An energy audit is always a great idea. Either do it yourself or get a reliable company to do it. A good critical look at your HVAC unit is essential for deducing your energy consumption rate and the energy use of HVAC unit depends on your thermostat. So, create a personalized plan, set the internal temperature of your unit, and you’re good to go. One of the most used yet efficient hacks to conserve power as well as reduce costs is by keeping the place warm at night, and cooling it off significantly in the day. This ensures you’re not sacrificing comfort for conservation or savings, but you’re doing all of them together.
- Shift to Energy Efficient Office Equipment: This is an essential step most business owners forget to incorporate, in their plan. There’s always office equipment that is essential for the daily functioning of your business. Investing in newer and energy efficient equipment is a smart investment you want to make for saving long-term.
- Involve your team: One man show is an amazing thing, but for something large scale and long-lasting to work out, you’re going to need more people on board, who have the same principles and follow through your goals. Involve your team, and tell them to be more energy conscious. With everyone on board, your job would be easier and way more efficient!
Now that you know the top five ways to cut down on energy costs and also be a responsible citizen that generations would be thankful for, it is time to put all this information into good use and get started!