- Location : North Bengal
- Geo coordinate : 26.7095° N, 88.3542° E
- Department : Educational Institution
- Project Details :
Overview: 225kWp On-Grid Solar Rooftop Power Plant
SunShell Power is an India-based solar company that prides itself on providing sustainable and economical solutions for individuals and organizations who want to reduce their carbon footstep by switching to solar power by supplying and integrating quality solar products with dedicated maintenance support. This project was no different. The north Bengal university has always had a water scarcity and storage problem. During rainy seasons, the roofs are found to be leaking too. SunShell, before starting the project, thoroughly examined the site with experienced professionals and came up with a solution of installing a 225kWp on-grid solar rooftop powerplant to meet the client's requirements.
There are 5 buildings on the site. Each of them was carefully surveyed and inspected before deciding on the type of solar models to be implemented :
- Upon careful examination, it was found that The Boy's hostel required a 100kWp solar system to meet the required water supply.
- The Sarojini Girl's hostel required a 50kWp system to do the work.
- At the Puneshwari Girl's hostel, experts did thorough research and concluded that to meet the needs, a 50kWp system would be enough
- The same was the case at The Rani Bhawani Girl's Hostel; a 50kWp system for the hostel would meet the necessary water supply.
- Lastly, for The Nivedita Girls, after careful inspection, the experts decided on a 20kWh system.
All the solar pumping systems and their components were meticulously checked after installation and were found to be working brilliantly in meeting all the requirements.
The 225kWh On-Grid Solar Rooftop Power Plant is made of hot-dip galvanized double tier steel structure to withstand 220 KMPH wind speed. Quality products at the best prices are one of the major priorities when it comes to SunShell Powers. The solar PV modules used in this structure are from the reputed company Sova Solar and Waaree. A total of 682 solar modules of 330 Wp was used to build the whole structure. All the four inverters used in this project are from ABB, 1 of 100kWp, 2 of 50kWp, and lastly, 1 of 27.5kWp. An IP65 rated array junction box (AJB) was used to make it water splash proof, dust, and vermin proof protected with 1000V 40kA DC SPD and 1000V 15A PV string fuses. To ensure the person's safety, ACDB is also present in the structure where the AC side is protected with suitable rated MCBs and MCCBs. To protect the system from any external surge coming from the grid side, AC 4P Y configured SPDs are also provided inside ACDBs. Lightning arrestors are installed at suitable locations within the site at well calculated and correctly maintained distance to protect the system against lightning strikes.
Further, dedicated parallel-connected earth pits are provided for the LAs to maintain the lowest earth resistance possible. The latest IS standard has been followed in introducing 20 high-quality, low resistance earth pits to provide safety and ensure the entire system's longevity. A proper termination system with 415V at the LT side was also fitted into the structure.
- Grid-connected system.
- Net metering facility
- Solar PV Modules: 330Wp x 682 Sova Solar and Waaree
- Inverter: ABB 1x100kWp, 2x50kWp, 1x27.5kWp
- MMS: Hot-dip Galvanised double tier structure with capability to withstand 200kMph wind speed
- Array Junction Box: IP65 rated. Water splash proof, dust and vermin proof. Protected with 1000V 40kA DC SPD and 1000V 15A PV string fuses.
- ACDB: AC side is protected against suitable rated MCB and MCCBs. AC 4P Y configured SPDs are provided inside ACDBs to protect the system from any external surge coming from the grid side.
- Lightning Arrestors: Lightning arresters are installed at suitable locations and well calculated and perfectly maintained distance to protect the system against any lightning strikes.
- Dedicated parallel-connected earth pits are provided for the LAs to maintain the lowest earth resistance
- Earthing protection: For the safety of the whole system total of 20 nos high-quality low resistance earth pits are provided with compliance with the latest IS standard.
- Net metering: yes
- Termination: At 415 V LT side.