- Location : Khanyan, Hooghly, West Bengal
- Capacity : 6kWp
- Inverter Type : On-Grid
- Department : Government School
- Purpose : To Reduce Electricity Bill
- Project Details :
Overview - 6 kWp On-Grid Solar Power Plant
Upon inspecting the site, which is a government school in Khanyan, Hooghly, it was concluded that there was sufficient roof space to install a 6kWp On-Grid Solar Power Plant to meet their energy requirement. The 6kWp On-Grid Solar Power Plant is grid-connected with the facility of net metering. This means that the solar panels gather the sun's energy as DC energy and convert it into 240V AC electricity, which can then be used by the school. If a grid-connected system produces more power than the home consumes, the surplus is fed into the power grid, and due to net-metering, the customers are only billed for their "net" energy use.
The 6kWp On-Grid Solar Rooftop Power Plant uses 20 units of 72 cells made up of polycrystalline with 300p solar modules. It is a grid-connected system using an inverter of SMA Zever. Since the structure is fitted on a rooftop, Sunshell made sure to protect it against environmental conditions. The whole structure was made sure to be weather protected. GI structure made from hot steel galvanization of 85micron thickness.
To avoid any accidents, Sunshell powers equipped the plant with AJB (SPD type II 1000V 40kA) on PV string fuse (1000v 15A). Any high voltage mishaps can also be avoided due to the presence of ACDB with AC side SPD, proper indication LEDs, and suitable MCB with termination at LT side 415V. For further protection, lightning arrestors with dedicated earthing and proper earthing protection in compliance with IS 3043 were also included.
On-Grid Solar Power Plant
The advantages of this solar rooftop are quite a few. The power is generated during the vacation periods in schools which is used for other purposes at that time. The money saved from the pricey electricity bills is utilized for the welfare of the students. An awareness about global warming rises between the students, which proves to be beneficial to the entire village too.
- Solar Modules: 72 cells polycrystalline 300Wp solar module x20 Nos
- Solar Grid-connected inverter: 6 kWp Solar Inverter - SMA Zever
- Structure: Weather Protected GI Structure with 85micron galvanization thickness
- AJB: Yes, with SPD Type II 1000V 40kA, PV string fuse 1000V 15A
- ACDB: Yes with AC side SPD, Indication LED, and Suitable size MCB with
- Termination: At LT side 415V
- Lightning arrestor: Yes, with dedicated earthing
- Earthing protection: yes, complied with IS 3043