Overview- 10.56 Hybrid Solar Power Plant
In 1917, Acharya Swami Pranavanandaji Maharaj established the Bharat Sevashram Sangha for philanthropic and charitable purposes. This nonprofit organization exists to improve the lives of the underprivileged. Their lives have been dedicated to serving and uplifting the poor and disadvantaged. Acharya Swami Pranavanandaji Maharaj established his first ashram in Bangladesh, and later branched out to most of the cities in India and abroad.
Grid-connected hybrid solar power plant that can store energy in a battery bank and utilize it during power outages was required by the client.
A grid-connected Hybrid Solar Rooftop Power Plant now relies on the municipality’s electrical grid. A grid-tied inverter converts DC electricity generated by photovoltaic panels into AC power compatible with the grid. It provides electricity at night and during cloudy days, as well as when there is a power outage. A grid-tied solar panel would not work during an outage because it prevents electrical workers from working on live lines. This problem is known as ‘grid islanding.’ SunShell Power came up with a solution to deal with this issue. When the grid goes down, the solar battery is used as a backup. Further, since the battery is used as a backup rather than full-time, it prolongs its life and eliminates the need to buy a backup generator.
In A Glance
- 10.56 kW Hybrid Solar Rooftop Power Plant, 32 units of 72 cells polycrystalline of 330Wp solar modules
- GI Structure with 85 microns of galvanization thickness
- A 10 kWp Solar Hybrid Inverter
- 120V Tubular Gel battery bank with 29 kWh of battery backup in a full load
- AJP with SPD Type II 1000V 40kA on a PV string fuse 1000V 15A
- ACDB with AC side SPD, indication LED lights, and suitable MCBs with an inbuilt digital multi-feature energy meter capable of showing real-time voltage, current, power, energy, etc., and protecting against high voltages.
- LT side 415V
- Lightning Arrestors
- Compliance with IS 3043 for suitable earthing protection
Bharat Sevashram Sangha has been a beacon of hope for the underprivileged. Through their philanthropic efforts and eco-friendly initiatives, they are paving the way for a brighter future for all. The solar power plant will ensure continuous electricity supply while also saving them around 80% on bills. The money can also go towards serving countless poor and disadvantaged lives.