SunShell integrated a 7.5 HP solar water pumping system in the Chitmahal area in the Cooch Bihar district in West Bengal. This system aims to lift water from the nearby river and distribute it to 8 hectares of land through sprinklers. This is to help with irrigation which is necessary for the crops to grow properly. The Chief Minister’s office closely monitored this first-of-its-kind project.
A single person can operate the entire structure manually by using 24 – 72 Cells 325Wp Polycrystalline Solar Panels with a dual-axis tracker. A dual-axis tracker tracks the sun’s changing position due to the earth’s rotation and revolution movements and, as a result, captures the maximum amount of solar energy. Azimuth is an axis that allows the solar panel to move left and right. Alternatively, the panel can be rotated up and down by the elevation axis. Furthermore, lightning arrestors were added to the structure to prevent lightning phenomena. A monoblock surface pump provides 7.5 HP of solar power. The owner can use this pump to lift and deliver water into the fields via a sprinkler system.
SunShell Power’s solar water pumping system features an IP 54 enclosure. By doing this, the safety of the users is maintained, and there is no need to open the pump control box. The system has a highly efficient and user-friendly solar remote monitoring system. It is also water, dust and insect resistant. To protect farmers from high voltage DC voltage, the pump controller has an on-load switch with a mechanical safety lock. As a safeguard against any AC or DC charge, the system is equipped with SPDs and MCBs suitable for AC and DC switching. This prevents the pump controller and solar panel from getting burned, which will be immensely helpful for farmers. Also, using a mobile application or desktop developed in India using Japanese technology, real-time data can be monitored remotely.
The solar water pump controller used in this project is the system’s core, which makes the system function efficiently.
In A Glance
- 24 numbers of 72 Cells 325Wp Poly-Crystalline Solar Panel
- Dual-axis tracker- Can be Manually operated by a single person
- Lightning arrestor- to protect the system from lightning
- 7.5 Hp- Monoblock Surface Pump used to lift the water from the river bed & deliver it into the fields via a sprinkling system
- IP 54 Cabinet
- On-Load Changeover Switch with Mechanical safety lock- Farmers are protected from High Voltage DC.
- Protection- The system is protected from AC & DC surges with SPD, Suitable DC and AC MCBs are present for proper switching.
- Remote monitoring system- All crucial data can be monitored in real-time via mobile application or desktop.
- Made in India with Japanese monitoring technology.
This 7.5 HP solar power water pumping system has helped the farmers in the Chitmahal district to resolve the problem of interrupted sprinkler irrigation systems due to unstable power supply in the area. This has resulted in better crop yield which has in turn improved the economic status of the residents of this place. It has also helped them preserve the environment here by reducing 17 kgs of CO2 each day.