Overview – Grid-Connected Solar Power Plant
Ford is a company that has been determined to make in India, for India and the world with its integrated manufacturing facilities in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, and Sanand, Gujarat. It entered the Indian market in 1995 and has invested more than USD 2 billion in committing to build a sustainable, profitable business in one of the world’s fastest-growing auto markets.
Ford’s commitment to India is not just business-centric. They care deeply about the people and communities of India too. Ford plays a significant role in addressing issues in Education, Sustainability, and Auto Safety – with campaigns like Happy Schools, Sujal, and Courtesy in India.
Lately, to be in tune with their sustainability goals, they have shown intentions of shifting to solar-based power for their electricity needs to reduce the carbon footprint left by humans and reduce their reliance on non-renewable sources.
The 363 kWp grid-connected solar rooftop power plant was fitted on the roof of the 14th floor. The structure was made of a hot-dip galvanized structure with a globalization thickness of 30 microns that can withstand the wind speed of 200KMPH. Since the building windows were made of glass and no lift was present, the materials could not be hoisted up with a pulley even. Every part of the structure had to be transported manually, making it a challenging physical job, which SunShell carried out with impeccable precision.
The 363 kWp solar power plant also has the facility of net metering. It consists of Solar Modules, each of 350Wp with 72 monocrystalline cells, which cumulate to 363KWp. Growatt inverter, fitted with 6channel MPPT, inbuilt AC & DC SPD with string level monitoring. To keep it safe from external damage like water splashes, dirt, and vermin, an array junction box (AJP) of IP65 rate is also fitted into the structure, which is protected with
1000V 40kA DC SPD and 1000V 15A PV string fuses. For further protection, the structure is also equipped with an ACDB, with the AC side protected with suitable MCBs and MCCBs. The AC 4P Y configured SPDs provided inside ACDBs help protect the system from any external surge coming from the grid side. Lightning arrestors are crucial to protect the system against lightning strike damage. Hence LA is installed at proper locations after well calculating and perfectly maintained distance.
Further, dedicated parallel-connected earth pits are provided for the LAs to maintain the lowest earth resistance. For the safety of the whole system, in compliance with the latest IS standard, a total of 20 high-quality, low-resistance earth pits are also provided in the structure. A proper termination system at the LT side of 415v is also present for the structure’s safe handling.
The whole project was done in collaboration with Auro Power and L&T.
- Plant type: Grid-connected
- Net metering: yes
- Solar PV Module: 72 cells 350Wp Mono-crystalline Solar Panels cumulative363 KWp
- Inverter: Growatt with 6channel MPPT inbuilt AC & DC SPD with string level monitoring
- Array Junction Box: IP65 rated. Water splash proof, dust and vermin proof. Protected with
- 1000V 40kA DC SPD and 1000V 15A PV string fuses.
- ACDB: AC side is protected against suitable rated MCB and MCCBs. AC 4P Y configured SPD.
- Lightning Arrestors: Yes, With dedicated earth pits, parallel-connected earth pits are provided for the LAs to maintain the lowest earth resistance
- Earthing protection: Yes, as per IS 3043 (1987)
- Structure: Installed @14th floor with 180 KMPH wind withstand capacity. Hot-dip galvanized Iron structure.
- Net metering: yes
- Termination: At LT side 415V