With its focus on providing sustainable and economical solar power solutions, SunShell Power is an Indian solar company that provides and integrates quality solar products with dedicated maintenance services to solve the problems of our clients and help them achieve their sustainability goals. The same was true for this project at the North Bengal University located in Siliguri, West Bengal.
Our dedicated team of professionals conducted a thorough examination of the site to develop a customized solution of installing a 225kWp on-grid solar rooftop power plant that met the client’s requirements and sustainability goals. The solar power plant is connected to the existing electrical grid, allowing seamless integration with the university’s power infrastructure. The system incorporates high-quality solar PV modules, including 330Wp x 682 Sova Solar and Waaree modules, coupled with ABB inverters consisting of 1x100kWp, 2x50kWp, and 1×27.5kWp inverters. The installation includes net metering, which allows the university to track the electricity generated by the solar power plant and the electricity consumed by the grid. This enables accurate measurement and billing, saving university costs.
In A Glance
This 225kWp On-Grid Solar Rooftop Power Plant is constructed of a hot-dip galvanized double-tier steel structure capable of sustaining wind speeds up to 220 KMPH.
- Grid-connected system
- Net Metering Facility
- Solar PV Modules: 330Wp x 682 Sova Solar and Waaree
- Inverter: ABB 1x100kWp, 2x50kWp, 1×27.5kWp
- MMS: Hot-dip galvanised double-tier structure with the capability to withstand 200kMph wind speed
- Array Junction Box: IP65 rated. Designed to withstand splashes of water, dust and insects. Protected by 1000V 40kA DC SPD and 1000V 15A PV string fuses.
- ACDB: The AC side is protected from suitable rated MCBs and MCCBs. AC 4PY configured SPDs are provided inside ACDBs to protect the system from any external surge coming from the grid side.
- Lightning Arrestors: Lightning arresters are installed at suitable locations and well-calculated and perfectly maintained distances to protect the system against any lightning strikes.
- Dedicated parallel-connected earth pits are provided for the LAs to maintain the lowest earth resistance.
- The whole system is protected by a total of 20 high-quality low-resistance earth pits that conform to the latest IS standard.
- Termination: At 415 V LT side.
North Bengal University’s solar power plant helps them reduce their carbon footprint by 2.5 tonnes every month. Also, using solar power for electricity frees up money to install smartboards for each classroom and creates awareness of climate change among students and teachers. Furthermore, the project has created awareness of climate change among students and teachers, promoting a culture of sustainability and environmental consciousness within the university community.